The OpenStreetMap Foundation needs you as member. Members are vital to our project and we welcome all who supports our goals to join us. We look forward to welcoming you to the Foundation!
Why should you join?
- Keep OpenStreetMap’s servers running. OpenStreetMap is the world’s biggest user-generated map, free for everyone to use. Our volunteer sysadmins rely on the OSM Foundation to provide the server hardware.
- Influence the future direction of the project. Vote in the annual OSM Foundation elections for the board that steers the project.
- Support our volunteer working groups. Our Working Groups keep OpenStreetMap safe from vandalism and legal threat, resolve licensing issues, organise conferences, keep our hardware and software up to date, any many other things.
- Enjoy discounts to OSM events. The annual State of the Map conference offers significantly cheaper prices for OSM Foundation members.
- Show your support for OpenStreetMap.
We have the following membership classes: Normal, Associate and Corporate.
Normal Members are members as mentioned in the UK Companies Act. These members have to submit their full name and residential address in our register of members. While OSMF will not actively publish the register, it can be inspected by the public as per the UK Companies Act. Also, normal members are liable for up to £1 (one) if the Foundation is wound up.
Note: Be aware that changing from normal membership to associate membership does not strike your address information out of the normal membership register. When you cease to be normal member of the Foundation the end date of your normal membership will be added to the register; other information will be kept in the register.
Normal membership is available to all natural persons. The membership fee is £15 per year and enables you to influence the direction of OpenStreetMap by being able to vote in elections for officers of the foundation.
Note: you cannot be a normal member and associate member at the same time.
Associate Members are NOT members as mentioned in the UK Companies Act. These members have to submit their name (or OSM username) and country of residence in our register of associate members. This register cannot be inspected by the general public, but only by the members (normal and associate) of the OSM Foundation.
Associate membership is available to all natural persons. The membership fee is £15 per year and they may vote just as normal members, but subject to the limitations of section 76 of the Articles of Association.
Note: you cannot be an associate member and normal member at the same time.
Corporate Members are Associate Members without voting rights. This membership class is open to companies and organisations (not “natural persons”). We recently announced our new Corporate Membership program, which offers more flexibility to organisations. Your company or organisation can now become a Corporate Member for as little as €500 / year for ‘Supporter’ level, all the way up to €20,000 / year for ‘Platinum’ level. This new program will take effect on Jan 1, 2017. However, if you are interested in becoming a corporate member, you can sign-up below and we will contact you to set you up with the new Corporate Membership tier of your choice. If you are currently a Corporate Member, we will be in touch about your transition to the new program.